Accuray to Unveil New Technology at the ASTRO 2016 Annual Meeting
Innovations in Hardware and Software Solutions and New Clinical Data Reinforce the Benefits
of Accuray Systems in Treating a Wide Range of Cancer Cases
SUNNYVALE, Calif., September 22, 2016 – New data on the Accuray (NASDAQ: ARAY) CyberKnife® and TomoTherapy® Systems will be shared by leading radiation oncology practitioners, and the Company’s new, innovative radiation therapy treatment delivery system, the Radixact™ System, and treatment planning software, will be unveiled at the 2016 ASTRO (American Society for Radiation Oncology) Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts, September 25 – 28, 2016. ASTRO is the world's most important meeting for the radiation oncology community with more than 11,000 attendees each year. Meeting attendees are invited to attend the U.S. unveiling of the Radixact System at Accuray booth #2009 on Sunday, September 25 at 11:15 am ET.
The uniquely smart Radixact System, the next generation TomoTherapy platform, is comprised of three entirely new, transformative technologies: Radixact Treatment Delivery System, Accuray Precision™ Treatment Planning System and the iDMS™ Data Management System. These technologies are now available in the U.S., where they received FDA 510(k) clearance in June 2016, and in certain markets in the European Union.
“We are honored to officially introduce the Radixact System to the U.S. radiation oncology community,” said Joshua H. Levine, president and chief executive officer of Accuray. “This is an exciting time at our company as we bring to market novel technologies and clinicians present compelling new data which reinforce the unique benefits of our technology and have the potential to change the way cancer is managed.”
Meeting highlights and events:
- New clinical evidence: CyberKnife System presentations include:
- “Five-Year Outcomes from a Multi-Center Trial of Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Low- and Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer.” GU - Prostate Cancer: Hypofractionation Scientific Session 9. September 26, 2016. Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, room number: 210 A/B/C. The session begins at 7:45 a.m.; the CyberKnife System presentation starts at 8:15 a.m.
- “Phase I Dose Escalation Trial Using 5-Fraction Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy For Partial Breast Irradiation (S-PBI).” Breast-Toxicity/Altered Fractionation Scientific Session 1. September 25, 2016. Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, room number 205 A/B/C. The session begins at 1:15 pm; the CyberKnife System presentation starts at 2:25 pm.
- New products and work in process:
- Radixact System: equips clinicians with new tools that enable them to achieve more efficient treatment delivery for a wide range of patients, including patients undergoing retreatment, and seamlessly integrates into their department/center.
- Accuray Precision Treatment Planning System: a powerful, efficient, and comprehensive solution designed to create high-quality treatment plans leveraging the unique capabilities of the Radixact and CyberKnife Systems. The Precision System is available with advanced features including AutoSegmentation™, a proprietary deformation algorithm, PreciseART™ Adaptive Radiation Therapy option and PreciseRTX™ Re-treatment option. Demonstrations will be conducted throughout the meeting.
- Work in progress: treatment planning for Accuray Systems in RayStation®*, RaySearch’s proprietary treatment planning system (TPS). RayStation is one of the most advanced independent TPS available, combining unique features such as multi-criteria optimization tools with full support for 4D adaptive radiation therapy. The partnership between Accuray and RaySearch will provide clinicians with access to an integrated treatment planning system for the precise, innovative Accuray delivery systems and conventional linear accelerators. Demonstrations will be conducted throughout the meeting at the Accuray and RaySearch booths. *Not 510k cleared or available for commercial distribution.
- Accuray Exchange in Radiation Oncology (AERO™): AERO Academy sessions on an extensive range of topics, from prostate SBRT treatment planning and delivery with the CyberKnife® System and InCise™ Multileaf Collimator, to efficient planning and delivery with the TomoTherapy® System. Developed to enable clinicians to engage in peer-to-peer conversation about optimizing use of Accuray products, the educational events will be held daily throughout the meeting. For more information, please visit Accuray.com/ASTRO2016.
- Educational symposia: A panel of thought leaders will share their perspectives on how Accuray solutions can help clinicians deliver precise, innovative tumor treatments with confidence.
- “Introducing the Radixact™ System: Smart Integration Delivers Treatment Confidence,” on Sunday, September 25, 2016 from 12:15pm – 1:15pm, and;
- “The CyberKnife® System: Confidence in Hypofractionation,” on Monday, September 26, 2016 from 12:30pm – 1:30pm.
For more information about the Accuray symposia, visit: Accuray.com/ASTRO2016
For more information about the Accuray delivery systems, visit: Accuray.com
For Important Safety information about radiotherapy please refer to: http://www.accuray.com/safety-statement-radiation-treatment.
Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ: ARAY) is a radiation oncology company that develops, manufactures and sells precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that set the standard of care with the aim of helping patients live longer, better lives. The Company's leading-edge technologies deliver the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery treatments. For more information, please visit www.accuray.com
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, to clinical applications, clinical results, patient outcomes, the impact of Accuray’s new technologies, the expected outcome and impact of Accuray’s business relationship with RaySearch, and Accuray’s leadership position in radiation oncology innovation and technologies. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including but not limited to the risks detailed from time to time under the heading “Risk Factors” in the company’s report on Form 10-K, filed on August 24, 2016 and the company’s other filings with the SEC.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to the company at the time those statements are made and/or management’s good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.