Precisely Maximize Dose, Minimize Side Effects, Maximize Patient Comfort
We designed the CyberKnife® System to give clinicians full confidence in their ability to treat cancer and help their patients live long, healthy and high-quality lives. It is the first and only robotic radiosurgery system to offer highly precise and customizable, non-surgical treatment options for a broad range of tumors anywhere in the body including the prostate, lung, brain, spine, liver, pancreas and kidney.
Robotic precision provides expected benefits, exceptionally well – short treatment times, sub-millimeter accuracy and improved patient outcomes. It also enables treatment of large and multiple site tumors. The unmatched accuracy and tissue-sparing abilities of the CyberKnife System enable treatment of a wide range of cancers aggressively – and with confidence.
The robotic precision of the CyberKnife® System enables non-invasive treatment for a wide range of cancerous and non-cancerous tumors. Sub-millimeter accuracy and precision enables effective and safe treatment virtually anywhere in the body.
The CyberKnife System can, in some cases, be used as an alternative to surgery. It can also be used in place of conventional radiation therapy.
Target motion presents a critical challenge. The CyberKnife System is specifically engineered to adapt to even the most difficult circumstances. Intelligent treatment delivery software provides an intuitive user interface to control all interactions between the robotic manipulator, treatment couch and imaging system. The software quickly and automatically processes live images acquired throughout treatment at user-defined intervals. It also calculates offsets based on digitally reconstructed radiographs (DRRs) and sends offset data to the robotic manipulator for precise motion compensation.
- 6D Skull Tracking System. Renders invasive stereotactic head frames obsolete by using the bony anatomy of the skull to continuously track intracranial targets and automatically correct for even the slightest shifts during treatment delivery
- Synchrony® Respiratory Motion Tracking System. Synchronizes beam delivery with the motion of the target resulting from respiration, eliminating the need for restrictive immobilization, abdominal compression, gating, or breath-holding techniques
- Xsight® Spine Tracking System and Xsight Spine Prone Tracking System. Use the bony anatomy of the spine to automatically locate and track tumors, eliminating the need for surgical implantation of fiducials and making radiosurgery in and near the spine more precise and less invasive. Spine treatments can be extended to patients in prone and supine positions
- Xsight® Lung Tracking System and 1-View Tracking System. These systems work together with the Synchrony® Respiratory Motion Tracking System to eliminate the need to implant fiducials by directly and non-invasively tracking lung tumors
- InTempo™ Adaptive Imaging System. Uses time-based image guidance to assist with tracking and correcting non-predictable intrafraction target motion
- Lung Optimized Treatment. An integrated suite of tools that provides a complete fiducial-free clinical solution for lung cancer patients and optimizes non-invasive lung SBRT treatments with several key features
- Simulation Application. A workflow-based application that automatically recommends the optimal choice for fiducial-free treatment of lung tumors based on specifics of clinical conditions
- 1-View. A tracking method that works in conjunction with Synchrony Respiratory Tracking System. It tracks lung tumor motion in one of two X-ray projections, enabling accurate dose delivery with radiosurgical margins in the tracked direction
- 0-View. A treatment method applied when a lung tumor is not clearly visible in either X-ray projection. It uses ITV expansion in two X-ray projections and Xsight Spine Tracking System to track patient position
Data ManagementExceptional care and optimized practice outcomes begin with access to complete and up-to-date patient information. Our data management solutions consolidate patient information and make it accessible, relevant and useful to authorized users. In addition to accessibility for authorized users, our proven solution provides strong protection for patient data. The CyberKnife® Data Management System provides comprehensive storage and processing of patient data generated over the life of the planning and treatment workflow process. Our tools enable clinicians to make timely and informed medical decisions and eliminate the need for paper charting, manual data re-entry and costly third-party add-ons.
- Import and store imaging studies
- Store completed treatment plans and make them available for review and approval
- Store a record of each day’s treatment procedures
- Manage the flow of patient data throughout the system from a single location
- Control access to patient data through user-privilege settings in compliance with HIPAA and departmental privacy policies
- Ensure the security of patient data with scheduled database backups and the use of multiple disk drives
Key features of this solution include:
- TxView. A Web-based solution for viewing and approving patient set-up positioning before and during treatment so physicians no longer must look over the therapist shoulders to assess treatment progress
- Report Administration. A powerful tool that enables users to generate various patient, QA, departmental reports for analysis and record keeping — easily accessible from the MultiPlan® dashboard with the ability to digitally sign or initial a wide range of documents
- Storage Vault. 10TB of storage space for up to 5,000 patients that integrates seamlessly into the CyberKnife System network
Treatment PlanningOur treatment planning tools align with the realities of today’s practice and the way people work. An effective plan requires input from physicists, radiation oncologists, surgeons and others involved in the workflow. Our MultiPlan ® System simplifies the requirements for everyone contributing to a plan and provides a comprehensive set of tools that make each plan a success. Providing the most comprehensive set of tools available for precise treatment planning, the MultiPlan ® System enables generation of high-quality treatment plans for the CyberKnife ® System.
Key features include:
- QuickPlan®. Automates the planning process, including the parameter settings and dose calculations
- AutoSegmentation™. Leverages CT and MRI image information to automatically generate accurate contours for intracranial and male pelvic anatomy
- Sequential Optimization. Based on an optimization algorithm for rapidly developing truly individualized plans
- Monte Carlo Dose Calculation. Considered a gold standard for dose calculation —produces dosing results in minutes rather than hours or even days
- 4D Treatment Optimization and Planning System. Offers true 4D treatment planning that accounts for tumor movements as well as shifts in surrounding healthy tissue and critical structures
- MultiPlan® MD Suite. Delivers a comprehensive set of remotely-accessible planning tools for image fusion, contouring, dose calculation and treatment plan review
- PlanTouch™. Extends review and approval functions (via mobile device) — enhances collaboration by enabling authorized users to access and share plans
This study is an international multicenter randomized study of organ confined low and intermediate risk prostate cancer and is composed of two parallel randomization schemes based on applicability of surgery as a treatment for the patient. Patients for whom surgery is a consideration are randomized to either laparoscopic or da Vinci prostatectomy or CyberKnife prostate SBRT(also known as CyberKnife radiosurgery). Patients for whom surgery is not a consideration are randomized to either conventionally fractionated radiation therapy or CyberKnife prostate SBRT. Efficacy, toxicity and quality of life outcomes will be compared across the pairs in each randomization.
The purpose of this study is to assess the short and long-term outcomes after CyberKnife stereotactic radiosurgery for early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in patients who are medically inoperable.
This prospective, multicenter study is intended to establish the efficacy and toxicity of treating unresectable colorectal liver metastases with accurately administered radiation using the CyberKnife stereotactic radiosurgery system.
System OptionsThe CyberKnife® M6™ System has the capabilities and efficiency required for every radiation oncology practice – for the treatments utilized today and setting a foundation for those of tomorrow. It is the only truly robotic system in the market, developed to meet the evolving needs of the most demanding radiation oncology programs for dedicated SBRT.
Benefits of the CyberKnife M6 System:
- Unmatched clinical excellence
- Patient focused design
- Capabilities to treat more patients and expand practice
Designed with the patient in mind, the CyberKnife M6 System enhances patient comfort and improves the patient experience in a number of ways:
- Easy and efficient treatment
- Frameless and non-invasive
- Uniquely personalized treatments
- Soothing environmental elements
The CyberKnife M6 System is available in three configurations*: